HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, July 11, 2013

PAINTING SPECIAL FAUX FINISHES FOR AGUIE

Aguie was ready for a change.  So, a couple of weeks ago, he asked me to paint a special finish in his dining room niche.




This time, he wanted it to be painted orange and stained to age it.  These brass metal furniture tacks were already on the wall and he wanted me to do a rust effect on them.  They were still changing as I took this photo.  I'm curious to know just how rusty they turned.


His front porch bench was a rust color and he wanted it to be black with swipes of metallic silver.  So, I painted that for him and the wrought iron on the front doors needed to be freshened, so he asked me to paint that black with swipes of silver metallic, too.  Walking up to the front porch to his beautiful home is stunning.
(That metallic wall is his niche "before" I painted the stained orange.  It was very beautiful and Aguie had done that, himself.  But, he was ready for a change.)


In his guest powder room, I painted an antique silver effect on the walls.  And, he asked me to paint the chandelier over the mirror with a metallic silver and age it.  This is a really beautiful room, too.
The vent-a-hood, I painted an antique silver.  As I was aging it, I made it a little heavier so it wouldn't look exactly like the powder room.
Every room in his home is truly beautiful!!  So glad I get to be a tiny part of that.  I think I've done work in almost every room in his home...lucky me!

30 comments:

  1. Aguie is the lucky one - to know such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I feel fortunate to get to see and work in such beautiful homes and his is one of them. He has a super special store called The Home Accessory Company and it's so inspiring just walking through and looking at everything. Thank you again, for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  2. Very nice!!! Luv the chandelier and the bench :-)
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I have a friend that used this technique on her walls in every room of her home, it looks so rustic and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love these finishes, too. I'm sure your friend's house looked very nice with the fauxed walls. Fauxing really dresses up your walls.

      Delete
  4. Lucky him I would say, stunning work as always my dear, loooove the orange wall, looooove the bench,What a house he must have, thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianne. Yes, his house is pretty special!! And, orange seems to be a very good color right now.

      Delete
  5. wow! you are amazing... I love the colors how lucky you get to work on someones home! emily @ nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I do love my job and get to see so many really beautiful homes.

      Delete
  6. Lynda, you are so talented. Such gorgeous work! Aguie's entry is terrific. I like the high backed wrought iron bench. I am looking forward to visiting a few of your tutorials, especially the "toile scene". I found your blog on Mosaic Monday and am a new follower. I am also a Lynda!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so beautiful. The niche with the nailheads is so beautiful. You do such lovely work. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marty! Those are upholstery tacks and you get them from an upholstery or fabric shop. They have different sizes and aren't very expensive. You can do so much with them.

      Delete
  8. I love that rusty orange color! You are amazing! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The orange with a stain on it really does look nice.

      Delete
  9. This is just gorgeous! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous home and they are so lucky to have you add your touches to it...everything looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at AMM, so happy to have you!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda, love all of the rustic charm you gave his beautiful home. I'm sure he is so happy to have such a talented friend! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! His house is truly beautiful! He has a really nice store, so he KNOWS how to decorate.

      Delete
  12. This tells to your skills that someone with such a fabulous home seeks you out over and over to improve it! Wow! You did some gorgeous updates, I love the copper!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful Lynda. I love the black and silver bench! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your talent always amazes me, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Debra! I love your white table and chairs. Hoping you got my message about gel stains. I believe you mentioned you wish you could have stained your table top. Gel stains are for using over a painted surface, unlike penetrating stains. They're really easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the antique silver effect. Really cool! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete