HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, February 1, 2014

PAINTING LORI'S GUEST BATH CABINETS TO AN AGED GRAY BROWN & LINK TO "HOW TO" EBOOK AVAILABLE

VISIT MY
LYNDA BERGMAN DIY BLOG
~
Lori was renovating her two upstairs baths.
She had the showers, flooring, granite, comodes, sinks, everything replaced.
She had seamless shower surrounds installed and they're really nice.
Then, she asked me to paint the cabinets for her.
I made samples and this is the finish she chose for her guest bath.  
The cabinet color looks sooo nice with her new granite, floor and tiles.  The other contractors finished their work before I came in.  That's always best so the new finishes don't get chipped or scratched.
Lori chose bronze faucets.
When I made the samples for her, I chose colors that would coordinate with her faucets and the colors in the granite.
Here is her new granite in the adjoining room.  
I love it!
For some reason, these border tiles came in with the edges unpainted.  Lori asked me to paint the edges to match the other colors in the tiles.  I used durable craft paints and dabbed the paint on.  Because the tiles were dull, I sealed the edges with a dull, clear sealer. 
When I show my clients samples, this color is the one most of them choose. 
It goes with just about any decor.  
The very most important thing is to get the color tones correct and matching everything else in the room.  That can sometimes be a real challenge.  But, I think I got it right with these two baths, thank goodness!!
With all of the colors Lori had to choose and coordinate, I think she did a great job and both baths turned out beautifully!!
~
After many requests for information on creating this cabinet finish, I have written a 20 page "how to" eBook with color formula and technique.  Here is a link to my eBook:
~
~
VISIT MY  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! Her whole house is really pretty and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color tones of that finish, Lynda. I have tried to achieve that myself, but it's not that easy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, what colors did you use on her cabinets, love the look
    Thanks
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, Since I'm still using this finish in my work, I would rather not share it just yet. I'm in the process of writing an ebook and I'm considering putting this formula in it. It will be a little while, but I'll let everyone know. You're right. The colors are really nice and several of my clients have asked for it. I discovered it when I was working on some paint and technique samples for a kitchen. Thank you so much for your interest! Lynda

      Delete