HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

PAINTING A SPECIAL AGING/ANTIQUING FINISH ON OLD KITCHEN CABINETS

My client thought she wanted aged white cabinets.  But, she wanted the dark aging/antiquing in the crevices.



So, we compromised and I painted them a light browny color and gave her the darker antiquing look she wanted.


Across the room, she had a desk with cabinets above it.  Above the cabinets and right above the desk, there was wallpaper and I asked if I could paint those two areas, making it look like all one piece.  Under the desk, I left the wallpaper because that is how it might look if this was one big piece of furniture.  Everything in her kitchen and breakfast room was the same height.  Her shutters, cabinets, doors, everything.  That's why I asked if she would let me paint the wallpaper in the desk area.  Just so there would be some variety in heights.


My client will be getting new granite counter tops.  And, she loves the wallpaper, but might be painting over it, a dark greeny brown color.  She has that color in her living area and it looks very nice.  Also, she loves blue so, she will be looking for new knobs, maybe crystal or glass blue.  Or, maybe, blue and white ones.  I can hardly wait to see what she chooses.


This is the finish on her cabinets "before" I painted them.
When I finished, she was very, very happy.
That always makes me happy, too!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lynda - a vast improvement - she must be thrilled!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the technique. A happy client is the best!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always a lot of work, but happy with the way these turned out.

      Delete
  4. Major improvement after your artistry. I'm glad you talked her into some new height variations. It's so much more interesting that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Teri! My client was really happy with the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous job on those cupboards Lynda, brilliant idea to paint the wall to match, beautiful transformation, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianne. I can hardly wait to see the knobs she chooses.

      Delete