HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, January 4, 2013

HAND PAINTED TREE & STRIPES ARTWORK ON AN ARMOIRE & TUTORIAL

HAND PAINTED TREE & STRIPES ARTWORK ON AN ARMOIRE & TUTORIAL   

 This pine armoire has been in my living room for years and I love it just where it is.  When I purchased it they told me it was from Stratford, England.  The inside looked very old and had old shelf paper on the shelves.  I store lots of vases, serving pieces, punch bowl, party dishes and lots of other things in it.  It's very large and holds a lot.  Thank goodness! 
 My house is small and I don't have a lot of storage.
For a long time I've been wanting to paint it, but just haven't been sure which way to go.  One day when I was painting another piece of furniture I knew that was the color for the armoire.  And, I thought black would look really good with the greenie beigy color.  
~
TUTORIAL  
Using vertical strokes, I painted over the pine with a light coat of the greenie beige so the color of the pine would show through.  Then, I drew and painted the tree, then drew and painted the stripes with one coat of black (vertical strokes) and trimmed it with metallic gold.  I still love the way it looks.  I'm very happy with my yellow walls, but if  I ever paint them a different color I think the neutral colors on the armoire would still look good.

6 comments:

  1. woow..that is a great job.....you have a talant for this :)
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and, your rose garden is amazing!! Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, love your new look! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful design for the height of this piece.

    ReplyDelete