HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, January 31, 2013

SUN RAYS FOR MI CASA

Recently, we've had some cloudy days.  This morning, the sun is shining through my living room window and the sun rays look so beautiful that I wanted to share these photos of my living room.




This mirror frame was in an architectural salvage place and when I saw it, I had to have it!  The finish was old and distressed, naturally.  On the left bottom, someone did a repair job and  a good one!  I added the mirror and it's in the perfect place over my sofa.


When my kids were very small, they would bring me unique pieces of wood, burr oak acorns, lots of things that attracted them and I would keep them in a special box.  Every once in a while, they would find a butterfly that was no longer alive, but still in good shape. ( Someone was probably spraying insecticide.  Please be organic around your home and yard.)  I saved them for years and then decided to put them in a shadow box.  I painted the back ground with oil paints and gently placed the butterflies in the scene.  They've been in these frames for many years and are still in perfect condition.  In my garden, once in a while, I will find a butterfly that is no longer alive and it always makes me think of a little boy finding it and bringing it home to show his mama.


I love blue accents.



When Mollie was smaller (a lot smaller than now) she loved to sleep in this bowl.




My little doggie!!  He has claimed this oversized chenille chair by our large window and front door.  He guards the neighborhood and our front door.  Feb 12 is his birthday and he'll be 9 yrs. old.  Best little doggie in the world!!



When I first purchased my home, there was a huge air conditioner in this wall.  When I got central air, I designed this wall cabinet to go where the a/c had been.  I found the middle stained glass door and designed my cabinet around it. My living room is small, so I had the carpenter build the cabinet into my garage and the cabinet front in my living room.  


This beautiful angel (and Charlie) guard my front door.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the feel of your living room and it's so pretty with the sunshine coming in!! I love the built-ins you created with the stained glass window! So pretty!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I was looking at your blog this morning and loved the photos of your beautiful red roses and little Goodwill plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little dog looks so sweet, and I love your guardian angel So beautiful. It's amazing those little butterflies have lasted all these years. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, Charlie is sooo sweet! a good little dog. I have the same guardian angel guarding my back door, too. Thank you and I love them , too. The butterflies...yes, and I think you can guess about how many yeart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...How I love your home. I have been strolling through your blog and enjoying taking in each post. You are such a wonderful artist and designer.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning, Lynda

    Your living room is beautiful and, I imagine, a very comfortable place in which to linger. The light streaming in adds an extra degree of warmth and charm; I like patterns left by it on the wall and the furniture.

    I appreciate your sharing your "casa" photos at Sunlit Sunday this week and that you enjoy looking at the other submissions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a comfy and warm place for me. Your blog is beautiful!

      Delete
  7. You have a beautiful home filled with sunlight and lovely artwork. The shadow boxes with the found butterflies are amazing. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I moved from one home to another, I carried these very carefully. They mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sunlight . . . beautiful yellow walls . . . beautiful living room . . . just looking at your room brings sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, thank you!! I do love my home and most of my walls are yellow. I love yellow walls.

      Delete