HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

GAYLE'S GUEST BATH FROM OUTDATED STAINED WOOD TO OFF WHITE CABINETS

     This is the project I was doing for Gayle, this week.  In one of her guest baths, the cabinets were stained wood.  She thought the cabinets were a bit outdated, she was ready for a change and she wanted me to paint them off white.
   


She will be getting new handles for her newly painted bathroom cabinets.  The off white paint is such a contrast to the dark stained wood that they used to be.

The primer and paint that I used were both oil based.  I prefer using oil on cabinets and woodwork.  It just makes a nicer and harder finish, in my opinion.  But, recently, a client wanted me to use a water based paint on his linen cabinet, to match the other paint in his house and it was very easy to use and looked very nice.  I just happen to prefer oil.  And, cleaning my tools was so much easier with the latex/water based paint.



Gayle was very happy with the transformation.  She's such a good decorator that I know it will be beautiful after she gets new handles, new blinds and new colors in there.
I've worked for Gayle for years and really appreciate her calling me, again.
Thank you, Gayle!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment