HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, August 24, 2013

PAINTING A SPECIAL AGED FINISH ON CABINETS FOR DEBBIE'S MASTER BATH RENOVATION

Today Debbie is very, very happy!!
The six weeks long renovation of her master bath is almost over.  They asked me to paint a special finish on their bath and closet cabinets.  I finished painting today.
Her cabinets were pickled/white washed oak.
 I forgot to take a "before" photo, so this one is after I primed the wood.
They were working with a decorator and asked me to do them a sample board with a gray browny dark finish.  My sample is what you see on the counter top.  Also, I'm painting a special finish on some mirror molding for them.  I showed them several different ways and depths of color.  They liked that I had given them several choices and they picked out how they wanted the molding to be painted.  
This is the special finish that I painted and it looks soooo good with their new granite and floor and shower tiles.  Their bathroom is really big and that shower tile is a special feature to me.  I love that tile and how everything looks so good together.  
They're going to have a seamless glass enclosure around the shower.  
Won't that be beautiful, too.  
This is the other side of the room.  (Waiting for the lights, mirrors and molding to be installed.)
AND, here are Penny and Yankee.  They kept coming into the bathroom to make sure I was staying busy.  Penny kept pulling on my socks.  As I was leaving, I wanted to take another picture and had to wake them up.  They weren't too happy about that and wouldn't even look at me. 
 "Go away!!  I'm trying to nap, here!"
A close up of the cabinet finish.
A few years ago, I painted Debbie's kitchen and dining room cabinets a special finish, too.  
It's so nice that they asked me to come back for the master bath re-do.
Everything turned out really beautiful!
Thank you, Debbie!!

38 comments:

  1. It coordinates beautifully with the tile. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It did look so pretty and Debbie was very happy!!

      Delete
  2. The finish is so warm and beautiful with the tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The new bathroom is really, really nice. I just finished the mirror moldings and will deliver them tomorrow. They turned out real nice, too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, they are beautiful. Great Job!
    Thanks, Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so pretty. Adds a ton of character. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw the bathroom "before" and it's very different, now. Very, very pretty.

      Delete
  5. what a beautiful job well done
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty finish Lynda. I can't wait to see the mirror trim! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays.

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I dropped off the mirror molding today and will try to get photos of it installed, soon.

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynda! I just found your blog and love what you did to the sink cabinets! You are a very talented lady and how nice of Penny and Yankee to "help" you :)
    I'm a new follower! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Penny and Yankee were sweet doggies. (I'm following, too.)

      Delete
  8. Wow it sure tuned out gorgeous I absolutely adore the color ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I loved how the cabinet color picked up the tile and granite colors.

      Delete
  9. Lynda, The paint finish is beautiful and I know your client must be thrilled.
    Thanks for joining the Open House party...I appreciate your visits.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. And why wouldn't they ask you to come back Lynda? You do amazing work! Love the rustic feel of the finish and I agree. It looks fab with the tile and floor! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. The paint finish is amazing. Thanks for sharing at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great finish. It looks absolutely perfect with the granite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does look good with everything. The finish is in the tones they asked me to do.

      Delete
  13. What a lovely job, Lynda! It must give you a great deal of satisfaction to know it looks beautiful and the home owners are pleased. Thanks for sharing at my HOME and enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi! And, it does make me feel good, especially when the client is happy.

      Delete
  14. Hi the cabinets came out pretty and you did a great job. I saw it on life on lakeshore drive.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynda, it's gorgeous! You've done an amazing job! You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link for this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-65.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Lynda - you are so talented - love the colors and love the patina - beautifully done! I will be featuring your post in Home and Garden thursday - I do appreciate you sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynda, Always love your inspirational projects, this is one of them!! Just beautiful! I'm sure Debbie is in Heaven. Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody! I do appreciate you using the word "inspirational". I love showing the things I do, so others can see and get ideas for their own homes. And, for them to see that THEY can do it!

      Delete
  18. Congratulations…this post was featured on Create It Thursday this week! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous idea with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cabinets look great! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete