HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, October 19, 2014

INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF MONARCH BUTTERFLIES

INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF MONARCH BUTTERFLIES

There are lots of monarch butterflies visiting my garden right now.  I grow butterfly weed and eupatorium just for this time of year, when they will be passing through on their journey to Mexico.  Most butterflies live a couple of weeks or a couple of months, but the fourth generation of the spring/summer season monarch butterflies live 9 months and their story is incredible!  The monarchs are everywhere in town right now.  I'm hoping that no one will delay their journey by putting them in a jar or in a cage.  They are on a mission of survival.  Most of them will be moving on south with the winds of the next cold front.

ENJOY THEIR BEAUTY!!

(youtube.com)

4 comments:

  1. I have the flowers or weeds for the Monarch butterflies and they seem to be here all year long in So CA.
    Saw a couple today in the garden. They truly are beautiful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they're just leaving the places that get really cold. Yes, they are so beautiful. I love butterflies.

      Delete
  2. Bonjour,

    Je suis certaine que cela doit être incroyablement fascinant de pouvoir les admirer... J'aimerais tant !

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be in Mexico when the monarchs arrive. At least I get to see them on their way. It really is an amazing story.

      Delete