HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, October 25, 2014

PAINTING GRAY & WHITE FURNITURE FOR KATIE'S NEW HOME

PAINTING GRAY & WHITE FURNITURE FOR KATIE'S NEW HOME

Patti has funky wonderful taste and is helping a young school teacher decorate her new home.
She went shopping at Goodwill, thrift shops and probably estate sales, looking for furniture for Katie.
Then, she brought these pieces to me and asked me to paint them.


The dresser is (I think) Henredon and a very nice piece of furniture.
The armoire was pine.  Patti is going to cover the back of the armoire with fabric and it will be a tv cabinet.  You'll see the fabric back when it's open.


These are the handles that she chose to go on the gray and white pieces and I'm sure there are fabrics and accessories in the room in these colors, too.


Almost any paint finish I do takes several layers.  So, while I was painting the dresser drawers, I had to keep taking them in and out to paint the dresser frame.  I would stack them in this chair and they were a bit wobbly on that cushion.  
I kept hoping that guardian angel would watch over them and she did.
They did not fall!


This was a queen size pine bed and Patti wanted it painted white.  I'm sure she found something really neat to use as finials on top of all four posts.


These two pieces, I think she told me she found them at Goodwill.
You should see them painted white.  They were both just as cute and special as could be.


Remember, I showed you some things I painted for Patti's beach house?  
She brought this carved surfboard and it was painted blue where the gray is now.  I painted the gray, left the little orange stripe and the middle is the original color.
Can't you just see this hanging on the wall of her beach house!!


This is a close up of the paint finish.  I didn't distress the white, only the edges of the gray.
Patti and I moved all of the furniture in and out.  She's very strong, but it's always a bit of a struggle for me.  Somehow I always end up going backwards.  Not sure how that happens!
Bye, bye furniture!!

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy Lynda! It would be fun to see the entire room all put together with these pieces. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be nice. Since I painted this furniture at my home, I may never get to see Katie's home to take pictures.

      Delete
  2. I love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome! Thanks so much for linking! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your project at the Say G’Day linky party. I’ve just pinned this to the Say G’Day Saturday board.

    Hope you are having a great week.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete