HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, March 7, 2015

PAINTING A WHITE DISTRESSED FINISH ON BATH CABINETS & TUTORIAL~ HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHITE GRANITE?

PAINTING A WHITE DISTRESSED FINISH ON BATH CABINETS & TUTORIAL~HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHITE GRANITE?

In this beautiful country home where I'm working right now, they chose different shades of gray green for everything.  They gave me a color chart and the first five colors on that chart are the colors they used throughout the house. 
Also, they wanted all of the cabinets in the house to look old.  
That means I'm painting and distressing cabinets in five bathrooms, den, large laundry, large kitchen and large pantry. 
 (I feel like I'll NEVER finish all of these cabinets!! :)
This is the master bath, her side of the bathroom.
To save time, they had their other painter prime eveything for me and that really does make the job go a lot faster.
They wanted white cabinets.
I used the lightest greeny off white at the top of the color card and painted and distressed over the tan color.  That looked a little too white for my client.
So, I used the second color just under the white on the chart and used it as a glaze over the white.
I watered it down, painted on and wiped off with a rag.  It's a subtle difference, but you can see the glaze on top of the first white color.  Last, two coats of water based sealer.
It looks really, really, really nice!
Now, have you ever seen white granite??  I've worked in many homes through the years and can't ever remember seeing white granite.  If I ever did see it, I might have thought it was marble.  They installed the first granite after I had left for the day and when I walked in the next morning, my mouth fell open, omgosh!!  It looked so, so beautiful.  It's been really cloudy outside and not much lighting inside, yet.  So, my camera flash picked up all of the undertones flowing through the white granite.  But, without my camera flash, it looks white and a very light touch of gray and some light brown.  The gray and brown tie in beautifully with the distressing and glazing colors.
I'm telling you, it's beautiful!! 
This is a better picture of what it looks like, but even whiter without the camera flash.
Here is another picture of the finished cabinets.
I'll be taking lots more pictures and maybe everything will show up better once the sun comes out for a while.
It's been really, really cloudy and dizzly here, but you will not hear a complaint from me.  I remember the horrible drought we've been in and how hot the summers can be.
Another view of the granite. 
 I'm used to all of the darker colored granite and wonder what region of the world this came from that it would flow these colors.
There are deer out in the country where I'm working.  One walked past the window of the room where I was painting and turned and looked at me.  She was beautiful.  Before I could get my camera, she walked on.
More pictures coming as soon as there's something to show you and more light to take pictures.

17 comments:

  1. omigoodness. I have looked EVERYWHERE for white granite. Can you get the name of this granite and post it. PLEEEEZZZZ! Thanks, Kathryn in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly try when I go to work on Monday. Isn't it stunning!!

      Delete
    2. Kathryn, I just googled white granite slabs and then clicked on images and lots of white granite came up. Maybe you could google it, too.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! You have such beautiful pictures on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great! I love the white granite!
    Sherri-http://thriftyartsygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They match beautiful! Thank you for linking this week.
    Hope you enjoy your day!
    Karren@ Oh My Heartsie Girl WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in person they really do blend well. I love this house.

      Delete
  5. Happy WW and thank you for linking up and sharing with the OMHG WW link up! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much work but they will be amazing once you've added your touch to them.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I'm working on the kitchen cabinets now, and really love the finish. I've taken pictures and will share them, soon.

      Delete
  7. What a big job, but so worth the effort. Great looking. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very beautiful Lynda. When we finished our basement I wanted a white counter top. Everything I found white was marble and I didn't want that down there. I went with the lightest granite I could find, but definitely not white. The show house that I got to choose from was huge. That was 2 years ago, wonder if the white is just a newt thing? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's new but I don't remember ever seeing it, before. I will try to remember to ask the name of this white granite. In the meantime, if you google white granite slabs, you'll see several variations of white.

      Delete
  9. That is beautiful granite! I love marble too so that is perfect! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete