HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, December 21, 2013

SPECIAL TUSCAN FINISH I PAINTED ON JACKIE'S KITCHEN CABINETS-REVISITED

                      A couple of years ago, I painted a special finish on Jackie's kitchen cabinets.
Recently, she asked me to come back and do more painting for her.  She wanted me to paint her white mantel and do some work in one of the upstairs baths.
It made me feel proud to see her beautiful kitchen, again.
Originally, her cabinets were an orangey oak stained wood and that color just didn't go with her decor.  And, she just wanted to do something different, so this is the new special finish in her kitchen.
~
This is the link to the original post: 
Her kitchen island was stained oak, too, and back then she wanted me to paint it a bluish color to match her draperies.  Now, it looks more like a piece of furniture than a kitchen cabinet.
~
This is the link to that original post:  
This is friendly Cabby.  She's all snuggled into that warm chair and looks so pretty with those fabric colors.  She's a little rescue cat.
Now, when I went back to work at Jackie's I noticed that WHITE door in the middle of her rich dark cabinets.  I'm not sure why I didn't paint it when I painted the cabinets.  Maybe she told me not to.  But, this time I asked if I could paint the door and she said "yes".
See the difference, now!!
This looks soooo much better.  The only reason I suggested painting that door is because it was a very distracting white in the middle of the kitchen, surrounded by dark cabinets.
I also painted the door frame and the tiny bit of baseboard that connected the dark paint, so there would be no white in that area.
The kitchen is so much warmer, now and really, really looks nice.
I have a very thick notebook of finish formulas that I've painted through the years.  So glad I keep the formulas for projects such as this.  I'm thinking that book of formulas might be worth a lot some day, when I'm gone! :)
Close up of the special finish I painted on her cabinets.
Look at that hardware!  She searched and searched on the internet until she found exactly what she wanted on her new cabinets.
The next thing I'll be doing for Jackie is painting those kitchen chairs.  She found a copper table that she wants for her kitchen and I'll do some kind of finish on the chairs to match the table.
Was so nice working for you again, Jackie!!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cabinets. You are so smart to keep a journal of your paint finishes. I can forget what I did before a project is even finished. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually have so much going on, that I really need to write down what I do. That notebook is messy, but I know the formulas are in there. Happy Holidays to you, too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!! She has a lovely home, loves decorating and it shows!

      Delete
  3. Very lovely!! You certainly would need to keep track of your colors and formulas...and the white cabinet looks much more at home with some color to it now.

    Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finish on those cabinets! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do amazing work! What a beautiful kitchen that that door just finished your masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the door matching the cabinets made a huge difference. I enjoyed visiting your blog and your home is beautiful!

      Delete
  6. Lovely work, Lynda! The painted door makes such a wonderful difference. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the matching door did make a huge difference in the appearance of her kitchen.

      Delete
  7. Just gorgeous! I would so love this look in my kitchen! I am featuring this post at TTG FB on January 2. https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. That's a very lovely kitchen you have there. The floor, the furniture, and the wall matched perfectly. thanks for sharing

    Denver Kitchen Cabinets
    Parker Kitchen Cabinets
    Kitchen Cabinets Denver

    ReplyDelete