HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, December 16, 2013

PAINTING THE EDGES OF BATHROOM BORDER TILES FOR LORI

Lori is is remodeling two of her bathrooms.  She's getting new flooring, tile, granite, etc.  When all of the major work is completed, I'll get to do a special finish on the cabinets and I'll share pictures of those with you.
The first batch of border tiles came in ok.  But, when she placed a second order, thirty two of them came in with the edges unfinished.  So, she asked if I would paint the two outer edges to match the tiles.


I used a special primer, painted, then sealed with two coats of sealer. 
Lori was happy with the way they turned out.
After they're installed, I might have to touch up.  I'm hoping I sealed them well enough that they will hold up to the tile guy's work with the grout.  Even so, it was much easier to paint them before they were installed.
I'll let you know how they turned out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment