HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, March 1, 2024

HAND PAINTING MIRROR & PICTURE FRAMES FOR PAULA'S NEW HOME

HAND PAINTING MIRROR & PICTURE FRAMES FOR PAULA'S NEW HOME

Remember that  
I posted back in September?
Paula is still working on her decorating and asked me to help her change the colors on a mirror frame and a picture frame.  They were both metallic gold and very beautiful, but she thought they no longer looked good with the gray tones she picked for this new home.
Thank goodness she has this huge island in her kitchen.
It was a perfect work table for the painting.
This is the very large picture frame.  On the right you can see the "before" metallic gold.
 Paula had several colors of paint from her renovation and asked me to use a dark greenie gray for this frame.
I painted on and rubbed off the greenie gray.  On the smooth areas I rubbed more off, leaving the paint a little heavier around the decorative design.  That gave it an "antique aged" look.
This is where Paula plans to hang the painting.  Those walls are gray and my camera made them look kind of greenie blue.  The new color on the frame looks really nice.
And, this is wonderful Hank.  He's a huge Maine Coon Cat and a really cute personality.  When I laid down my bags, he immediately sniffed around and then laid on top of them.
His mom says he likes me...I LOVE him!!
Last night Paula sent this picture to me.  
He's so funny!
This is the mirror frame.  Paula wanted it to be a soft gray.  
When I finished painting it she thought it didn't look dark enough with the walls in the dining room, so I rubbed a dark blacky brown on top of the soft gray.  It was a good contrast.
This is how it turned out.  Looks really good on the soft gray walls, now.
In the first picture above you can see Paula's kitchen light fixture.
This is the light fixture she chose to go across the room above her breakfast table.
Here is another post to some frames I painted last year:
If you have any questions about painting frames, please feel free to message me.
Original Post 12/5/16

No comments:

Post a Comment