HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, October 18, 2014

BLACK DISTRESSED PAINT SAMPLES FOR A KITCHEN ISLAND

BLACK DISTRESSED PAINT SAMPLES FOR A KITCHEN ISLAND

A designer/contractor has asked me to bid on painting a kitchen island.  The other kitchen cabinets are a really nice medium brown stained.  They are thinking they want a black distressed finish on the island.  So, I made these samples for approval.




I love the middle one.  I think the bottom one is the designer's choice.
Black is such a good accent color in almost any room.  And, as always I love old distressed finishes.
When I was in the really beautiful home, they were also talking about removing a high wall and leaving a load bearing beam exposed.  They wanted the family room and kitchen to be open to each other.  I might be faux painting that beam to look like some kind of wood.  We'll see what happens and of course I'll share the final results with you.  It might be a while, though.
I really like my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment