HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, October 10, 2015

ANITA WANTED A BLUE FRONT DOOR ~ PAINTING ANITA'S FRONT DOOR

ANITA WANTED A BLUE FRONT DOOR ~ PAINTING ANITA'S FRONT DOOR

This is Anita's beautiful home.
The white trim and stained door look very nice.  But, she really wanted a new look and asked me to help her make her front door look more inviting.
She really, really wanted her front door to be blue. 
 Not light blue or dark blue, just a medium happy blue.  So, she and I picked out a blue paint color and I suggested she paint her flower pots blue and plant blue plumbago to enhance the blue on her new door.
This is her new front porch.  She sent this picture to me after she planted the blue plumbago in her blue pots.  It looks so pretty and inviting and she's very happy with her new entry.
I suggested that we paint the frame around her door alllllll the way up, including the arch.
I'm used to climbing on my two story extension ladder and that's just routine to me.  What is a bit harrowing is moving that ladder around all of that glass.
I picked a color that was in the same tones as all of the other light trim on her home, but a couple of shades darker so it would be noticeably different.  
Her front porch looks so pretty, now.
A few years ago, I painted these stripes, this red ribbon and bouquets of flowers all around her guest bedroom.  It was nice to see it, again.  Not painted over, yet.
While I was there, she added a lot of fall decor.  Her decorated chandeliers look so beautiful!!
One day Anita came home and that big rooster was in her yard.  A friend had surprised her and put it there as a tease, but she liked it and it's still there.  It's really cute and colorful.
And, it looks good with her new front door.
Thank you, Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment