HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

IT'S ALMOST SEPTEMBER 11. ARE YOU PREPARED, JUST IN CASE?

Not to be paranoid, but I'm going to be prepared.
It's almost September 11, and I remember how scared and confused I was back then on 
September 11, 2001.
I eat mostly fresh and frozen vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc.  Rarely do I eat anything out of a can, except tuna.
But starting in 2001, I began storing a good supply of canned goods and non perishable food in the back of my pantry, just in case.
As I'm putting the cans in the pantry, I always use a marker to write the date on them.  After a few months, I give all the food to someone before the expiration dates and start buying and stocking my pantry, again.
Oh, and a good supply of water and bathroom tissue are very important items on that list of supplies. 
If something were to happen (ever) I think we would only be isolated for a very few days and I feel that I am prepared.
Are you?
Do you even think about it?

6 comments:

  1. You never know the way the world is now, what may happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Lynda! Thank you for stopping by my blog. You live in one of my favorite cities. The Mister and I have talked about retiring there. Just went through some of your posts. You are so talented. Love the island you did. also watched the dog video - too funny! I just signed up to be a follower of your blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, thank you so much for your nice words about my work. I think you would love living in San Antonio. I'm following, too.

      Delete
  3. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je me souviens de ce fameux 11 septembre, je me trouvais à Gassin, j'exposais mon travail. Au moment où j'ai appris cette affreuse nouvelle via mon fils au téléphone, un groupe d'Américains se trouvait dans la galerie et parmi eux une personne choisissait une de mes peintures. Nous étions alors atterrés et nous n'y croyions pas tellement c'était grave.
    Je comprends votre réaction avec les conserves... J'ai une tendance à faire mes réserves, mes conserves et mes confitures... pas pour les mêmes raisons que vous. Tout simplement parce que j'ai été élevée par mes grands-parents qui faisaient des réserves...
    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you remember, too. You live in such a beautiful part of the world and I always love your pictures.

      Delete