HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, September 18, 2014

TUSCAN KITCHEN CABINETS HAND PAINTED SPECIAL FINISH

TUSCAN KITCHEN CABINETS 

HAND PAINTED SPECIAL FINISH


The two white distressed chandeliers in the post before this one are in this kitchen with the new off white colors that I will show you in the next post.
But, I wanted to show you the "before" pictures.
This is the tuscan special finish I painted for my client several years ago.
The cabinets were pickled/white washed oak.  She showed me the look she wanted, I made samples and she approved.
I loved the finish on these cabinets!


I used a gel stain and lightly distressed the finish.
My camera flash made them look kind of orangey.  In real life, they were a little more brown.

SEPTEMBER 20, 2014
THIS IS THE DAY AFTER I POSTED THIS KITCHEN.


I just found a picture that is closer to the actual color of the cabinets back then.  Not sure what happened with my camera, but this is better.  I do love the technique that I used, just not those orangey overexposed shots.
Also, I found this picture of her wine rack that I painted.  In her new kitchen, she had a cabinet door and drawer removed and had the carpenter build this custom sized wine rack. 


 I brought it home with me and painted it here.  Thank goodness, I was able to do that.  I've painted a lot of wine and plate racks and had to paint them in place and that is NOT easy!!
NOW, back to the original post:



This is such a beautiful, very large kitchen!  It wraps around in three sections.  I'm showing you the middle section.


I don't usually get to see and take pictures when everything is neat and back to normal.
Glad I got to take these pictures, though.
Because a few months ago, she called and said she was ready for a change.  She said she still loved this tuscan finish, but she was ready to have EVERYTHING painted in very light colors.
Before, she had me paint, texture and faux most of the walls in her new home in dark colors.  
Because of my schedule, I could only do the kitchen cabinets, this time.  She wanted the lighter colors and a little bit of distressing, again.  It took me about two weeks to do all of those layers.
Most of the finishes I paint take from 4 to 7 different layers.  That means I have to hand touch and paint every inch of those cabinets 4 to 7 times.  
It is a chore, but I do love what I do.
Especially when I'm finished and the client is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment