HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PAINTING FORMICA TO LOOK LIKE GRANITE (Part III)

     Today, I finished painting these white counter tops to a faux granite finish.
     I worked with a kit from Johnnie Chuoke's Home and Hardware store. The paints were called "minerals". I work a lot around granite counter tops and tried to paint this formica, as close to granite as I could. The primer was black and I let a lot of it come through the lighter paints for contrast. This was my first time to use this product and really loved working with it. In the past, to get this look, I have used just regular house paint. My clients are very, very happy and so proud of their new "granite" counter tops. I'm very proud of it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment