HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

PAINTING GRAY GLAZED & BROWN GLAZED CABINETS IN A GARDEN HOME ~ TOUCHING UP FIREPLACE SOOT DAMAGE WITH PAINT

PAINTING GRAY GLAZED & BROWN GLAZED CABINETS IN A GARDEN HOME ~ TOUCHING UP FIREPLACE SOOT DAMAGE WITH PAINT

My client wanted to paint and update the kitchen in his new garden home.
Actually, he was changing out everything... floors, tile, granite and paint in the whole house.
The cabinets in the baths had to be replaced, too.  A carpenter custom built them.
My client and his decorator decided to go with gray on these cabinets.
I made samples in glazed gray, glazed brown and white with gray glaze.
They chose the sample above for the kitchen and brown glazed for the bath cabinets.
This is how they look "after".
Can you believe the transformation!!
This color is dark gray with a blacky gray glaze.
It looks sooo nice, especially with the stainless steel and silver hardware.
The decorator chose the granite and back splash to go with the sample.
The walls are a beautiful gray beige.
The woodwork/trim was painted a darker gray beige.
This is the sample they chose for both baths.
Once again, the silver frame on the mirror and silver hardware look great!
(on the very left is a door frame with the darker gray beige trim paint)
A better look at the granite, back splash and silver hardware.
This is the master bath.  Not a good picture, I know!
 But, I wanted you to see the cabinets, mirrors, granite, back splash and hardware again.
Because a decorator chose all of the colors, hardware, flooring and light fixtures,
I thought it might give you some good ideas, too.
(ran out of screws.  two more handles will be added to the drawers)
The brick on the fireplace was stained with black soot about a foot above and out to the sides.
I told the decorator I could paint over it and match the bricks.  And, I did!
I brought several colors of craft paint.  Colors that were in the bricks.  It took me a little while, but I kept working with the craft paint until I finally had everything matched.
Many of the fireplaces I see have soot damage.  You can do this, too.
Feel free to message me if you have questions.
This garden home was built in the 60's.  All of the changes turned out beautifully.
The silver  light fixtures and stainless steel appliances look so good with this finish.
Glad I got to be a part of it.
(Original post was June 29, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment