HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, April 23, 2017

MAKING ART WITH MOLDS & PLASTER OF PARIS

MAKING ART WITH MOLDS & PLASTER OF PARIS

 I love working with plaster of paris and molds.
Some of my molds are vintage candy molds.  
When I see a mold I can't do without I purchase it because I see creative possibilities.
This weekend I'm working on a gift for a friend. 
 She's a wonderful artist and I know she will do something really special with these pieces.
Once I get the forms out of the molds I still have to scrape around the edges.
I use a small knife to smooth out those edges.  My washer has a big flat surface and I like working on top of it.  There's a utility sink beside it, so easy clean up.
This is a heart I made for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago.  I called her "black goddess".  
I textured and painted the heart.  My favorite thing to do is placing the pieces.  I painted the pieces a metallic gold and sealed the heart with a clear sealer to protect the paint.
I'm planning to place some p of p pieces around my arched door to my studio.
When I finally get around to doing that I'll share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment