HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, September 3, 2016

HOW TO DECORATE A VERY LARGE "GREAT ROOM" IN A HOME

HOW TO DECORATE A VERY LARGE "GREAT ROOM" IN A HOME

Remember this HUGE open living area I showed you last fall?
This was Patti's new home.  I promised to share pictures with you.
She's not finished with her decorating, but I'll share what I got to see, recently.
Last fall I walked into that HUGE room and wondered what in the world she was going to do with that huge open space.  This room is the entry, living room, dining room, kitchen all in one.
Well, below is what she's done, so far. 
 (She's still working on it.)
Isn't this absolutely beautiful!!
She had that huge pine cabinet in her other home in the dining room.  She knew she wanted it to be a divider/defining rooms piece in this new dining room.  She had the back removed from the top so it would be open and the light would come through. 
 On the left of this picture is the fireplace and,
on the other side of the fireplace is her living room.  In her other home she had dark tuscany colors.  In this home, she wanted everything to be peachy, light and airy.
This is her  "daddy long legs" clock.
I love it!
Isn't this copper pot beautiful on this tall pedestal against the peach wall color!
She hung her clock collection on the dining room wall.  That white cuckoo clock is cuckoo!  It never cuckooed at the correct time.  It kept me a little confused :)
This chair is one of her dining room chairs.  She had them in her other house and they were a dark stained finish.  Patti had them reupholstered and asked me to paint them a bit distressed metallic silver finish.  I painted a tan base coat.  Then, as I was brushing on the metallic silver paint I wiped off with a rag in some areas.  
Other areas I gently dry brushed the silver so the tan would lightly show through. 
 The design of the chairs is so beautiful and the metallic silver paint looks really nice.
This is the entry to her home, so far. 
Patti loves flowers and yard art and is in the process of major relandscaping.
Yesterday, Patti sent this picture to me.  
Before, you stepped off of those brick steps above, onto the grass.  
They've just poured this new-extended patio and these new steps. 
 It looks like her guy is going to lay the bricks on these steps to match the existing steps.  
That green mirror is going to be hung outside, somewhere.  
She asked me to come by and seal it for using outside. 
 I can hardly wait to take pictures! 
 I know she won't mind if I share them with you.  And, 
I know it will be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment