HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, February 16, 2013

PAINTING A FAUX FINISH ON KITCHEN CEILING BEAMS ~ "ANTIQUE COPPER"

PAINTING A FAUX FINISH ON KITCHEN CEILING BEAMS ~ "ANTIQUE COPPER"

Yesterday, I finished painting the beams "antique copper".
 My finish is a little different from the stove vent-a-hood, but is very close.
Metallic paints "reflect" so, if the light is shining just right,
you can see the metallic copper paint reflecting back at you.
It does look like the beams could be covered with copper.
 (These beams on a 15' high ceiling, started out stained a very dark brown.)
It was hard to get enough light in this photo for the metallic copper paint to reflect.
It was a lot of climbing and hard work, but I think I did it.
  I just have to wait for approval from the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment