Thursday, September 20, 2012

PAINTING A HUGE CANVAS TO COVER A HEADBOARD

My client showed me a photograph and said she had this idea for a headboard.  She had a king size bed and wanted me to paint the photograph onto a huge canvas and she would have it attached to a large piece of plywood as her headboard. 
I purchased a huge piece of canvas cloth.  Then, I couldn't figure out how in the world!! I was going to paint on it.  So, my neighbor is always there to figure these things out for me, thank goodness!!!  He brought over a 4'x8' piece of plywood and set it up in my studio.  I taped the canvas to it and started prepping it for painting.  I kept wondering what kind of trees these were.  I still don't know.
When I finished painting the canvas, I had to figure out a way to get it rolled up to deliver it.  I had to be very careful with it.  I was afraid the paint might crack or be creased, if it got folded.  So my neighbors, Betty and Lulu helped me carry it out to the driveway.  I laid drop cloths on it and we rolled it up and that worked! and, made it easy for me to carry.


When I got it to my client's house, she had a guy waiting to attach it to a very large piece of wood.  First, she laid a lot of batting on the wood and then they wrapped the canvas around the wood and stapled it.  Then, he attached the wood to the wall. 

  It looked so, so nice in her bedroom.  She designed this very special headboard and I think she had a GREAT idea!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job. It's a very novel idea and you carried out her desires to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely client painting for her headboard. Good job!
    JM, Illinois

    ReplyDelete