HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

PAINTING ARTWORK ON A HUGE CANVAS TO COVER A HEADBOARD

PAINTING ARTWORK ON A HUGE CANVAS TO COVER A HEADBOARD

My client showed me a photograph and said she had an idea for a headboard for her bed.
She had a king size bed and wanted me to paint something similar to the photo onto a huge canvas for her bedroom.  Her idea was to have the canvas attached to a large piece of plywood.
I purchased a huge piece of canvas cloth.  
Then, I couldn't figure out how in the world! I was going to paint on it.  
My neighbor is always there to figure these things out for me!  He brought over a 4'x8' piece of plywood and set it up in my studio.  I taped the canvas to it and started prepping it for painting.  I wondered what kind of trees these were.  I still don't know.
When I finished painting the canvas I had to figure out a way to get it rolled up to deliver it.  I had to be very careful.  I was afraid the paint might crack or be creased if it got folded. 
So, my neighbors, Betty and Lulu, helped me carry the large canvas out to the driveway. 
I laid drop cloths on it for a cushion protection and we rolled it up.  
That worked! and made it easy for me to carry.
When I got the canvas to my client's home she had a guy waiting to attach it to a very large piece of wood.  First, they laid and attached a lot of batting to the wood.  They wrapped the canvas around the wood and stapled it on the back side.  Then, her guy attached the wood to the wall and pushed the bed against it.  So pretty!
It looked so, so nice in my client's bedroom.  She designed this very special headboard.
I think it was a GREAT idea!!!
(Original post September 24, 2012)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job. It's a very novel idea and you carried out her desires to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely client painting for her headboard. Good job!
    JM, Illinois

    ReplyDelete