HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, July 20, 2012

HAND PAINTED CASTLE MURALS & LITTLE GIRL ARMOIRE

HAND PAINTED CASTLE MURALS & LITTLE GIRL ARMOIRE

A long time ago, I got this antique armoire from an interior designer.  He was changing his studio and wanted to get rid of it.  It fit perfectly in my playroom.  It was brown stained wood.  So, I painted it pink and green.  I used oil based paint, even for the trim.  For the bows, I used my finger...just dipped my finger in the paint and drew the large and small bows.
I found the cutest wallpaper and border and papered the ceiling.
   I found this "Rapunzel" figurine at an estate sale and just had to have her,  I knew she would fit beautifully in my playroom.  As soon as I saw her on that table I knew I would paint her a castle. 
I found a little basket and painted it.
I attached it to her castle so she would have a balcony to go outside.
This is Rapunzel's castle and I painted her a prince.  Kevy decided the prince needed a castle, too.  So, I painted a rock path from his castle to Rapunzel's castle.
It all turned out sooo cute!  And, all of the colors looked so nice together.
A couple of times I've wanted to repaint the playroom walls and the girls will not let me paint over the castles!  So, for now, we still have castles.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. I think I'll try some fingerpainting too. Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete