HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, September 8, 2018

PAINTING A WHITE CEILING BEAM TO LOOK LIKE A DARK WOOD BEAM FOR HAYLEY & JUSTIN'S NEW KITCHEN

PAINTING A WHITE CEILING BEAM TO LOOK LIKE A DARK WOOD BEAM FOR HAYLEY & JUSTIN'S NEW KITCHEN

Recently I painted Hayley and Justin's kitchen cabinets.
They were doing a major kitchen makeover.
This ceiling beam was painted beige like her ceiling.  
Hayley wanted it to look like wood and asked me to paint it for her.
First I painted a tan wood tone.  Then used a very dark brown to glaze over the tan.  I painted on and rubbed off (unevenly) with a rag using long and short swipes with my rag.  With an even darker brown, I painted tiny uneven swirls here and there to look like knot holes.
You can choose your own wood colors.  
Dark gray would be good on top of a tan, too.
This is Hayley's kitchen before I painted it the dark blue gray.  
Above the window you can see the color the beam used to be.
Hayley changed out light fixtures, removed a wall, added new flooring and other changes.  
She did a great  job!
Here is a link to her kitchen that I painted:
I love all of the blue and gray tones that she used in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment