HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, May 26, 2018

PAINTING A NEW, FRESH LOOK FOR YOUR FRONT DOORS WITH SPAR VARNISH

PAINTING A NEW, FRESH LOOK FOR YOUR FRONT DOORS WITH SPAR VARNISH

Mary is getting her home ready to put on the market for sale.
 She asked me to make her beautiful front doors look better.  The finish was really dull, probably from all of the oak pollen that recently spread everywhere and just normal wear.  
Several years ago, I sealed these doors with oil based spar varnish.
You can find it at most paint stores.
It is a very hard drying sealer.  
I took a picture of before and after I applied the varnish.
Look at the dull finish just under the door handles.
The door panels have been varnished.  See the difference and how nice the varnish looks?
If you want to varnish your doors, first clean them really well. 
I applied the varnish with a paint brush. 
You do have to use paint thinner to clean your brushes.
 It's always best to ask your paint store how to use the spar varnish. 
They can give you pointers to make your job easier.
I think you will be very happy with the new, fresh look of your doors.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Are those doors wood or metal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry I just noticed your question. They are huge beautiful wooden doors.

      Delete