HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

SELL YOUR HOME FAST ~ PAINTING A BLACK DISTRESSED FINISH ON LORI'S NEW WET BAR

SELL YOUR HOME FAST ~ PAINTING A BLACK DISTRESSED FINISH ON LORI'S NEW WET BAR

Today I received this text from my client Lori:
"Lynda, look how beautiful you've made the house and it sold the first day is was on the market!" 
Wow!  The first day!!  Painting cabinets really does make a difference.  The past few years, I've painted nearly all of the cabinets in Lori's large home.
~
Below is my post from March, 2014.
PAINTING A BLACK DISTRESSED FINISH ON LORI'S NEW WET BAR
~
Lori wanted to change her wet bar area.
  She had a new cabinet built and had beadboard installed on the wall under the bar.  Also, she added new tile on the back splash.  She showed me a picture of the special finish she wanted on the new and old cabinets.  The original cabinets were the pickled/white washed finish.
She wanted black distressed.
(She's having walls and ceilings painted and she said the other painter could touch up my messy lines.)
This wet bar is kind of in the middle of her living area and the new wood that she added and the black distressed finish look just wonderful!!  
Black is such a good "accent" color and for this wet bar, such a great choice. 
Remember Panda Lu?
  When she was tiny, Lori taught her to ring that bell when she needed to go out and it's the cutest thing!  She will keep touching and ringing the bell until someone notices and lets her out.  Her sister, Buffy, is a senior doggie and doesn't think much of ringing the bell.  But, when Buffy is standing at the door to go out, Panda Lu will ring it for her.  I was working right there by the door and it tickled me to watch Panda Lu managing all the "going out" time.
Selfie of my leg :)  
I always sit on the floor to paint the baseboards and bottom of whatever I'm painting and since the floor is cold in winter, I wear long socks and they're so warm.  I have colorful socks to match all of my paint clothes.
 I'm really colorful, but I'm good with that!!
I just love the black contrast with her lighter floors and walls.
Lori planned, very carefully, the design of her new wet bar.
So glad I got to paint it for her and she's very, very happy.
 This sweet message was in an email she sent to me.

                                           Thank you Lynda, and Brian is home now and loves all your work.
                 Thank you again, you’re the BEST!! Your talent is a true treasure and I couldn’t ‘create’ without you!!
                                                                                                 Lori
 That makes me feel really good!
 Thank you, Lori!! 
~
A link to Lori's upstairs bath cabinets that I painted:
PAINTING LORI'S GUEST BATH CABINETS TO AN AGED GRAY BROWN FINISH

No comments:

Post a Comment