HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, June 5, 2023

HAND PAINTED & DISTRESSED COUNTRY FRENCH CABINET WITH BIRD & NEST ARTWORK

HAND PAINTED & DISTRESSED COUNTRY FRENCH CABINET WITH BIRD & NEST ARTWORK

SAVE YOUR OLD FURNITURE & MAKE IT NEW AGAIN

 My client wanted me to paint this cabinet for her store.  She left the colors up to me and asked me to make it country french.  I painted a soft red as an undercoat then I painted it yellow and distressed it. I painted the trim a soft blue.  Next, I painted the bird and nest artwork on the doors.  After I painted the artwork, I glazed the chest and cabinet with a greeny brown antiquing glaze that I mixed.  Clear glaze and a bit of paint.  Mix well.
     Sometimes I have so much going on in my studio, that I have to work in other rooms of my house.  This is my dining room and these pieces were so large that I had to move my table and chairs into the living room.  It's always a bit crowded, but not for long. 
     In my work, painting furniture is my very favorite thing to do.
I left the soft red color inside the top of the cabinet.
  The shades of red, yellow and blue looked wonderful together.
I love my job!
(Original post 12/18/2014)

24 comments:

  1. I love the way you paint nests. You make it look so effortless. Beautiful cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful job really nice
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to paint, especially since she let me choose the colors, etc.

      Delete
  3. I love to see old things made new again and you have done such a great job on the cabinet. Just a lovely piece of work.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It really was a beautiful piece of furniture to start with. I enjoyed painting it.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, I love the touch of red.

    Happy New Year!

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iknow! I do, too. It was brave of me to do that, but I knew if my client didn't like it, I could just paint a different color for her. She was happy with it.

      Delete
  6. Love the colors! Adding the nest and bird...love it! You've had such a creative 2014, I can't wait to see what you do in 2015! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, as usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Your new baby is sooo cute!! And, thank you for your nice words!

      Delete
  8. wow, what a great color !!! a happy new year wishes angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love those colors together. Happy New Year to you, too.

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful Lynda! Thanks for sharing at HSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did enjoy painting it. I didn't ask her if I could paint the red, but she liked it.

      Delete
  10. A masterpiece.

    That is how I described it. I have featured your masterpiece as a Friday Furniture Favorite. I hope you stop by and see how I bragged about you.

    Have a wonderful creative weekend!

    Robin
    http://redoityourselfinspirations.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-five-fabulous-furniture-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring my post and such nice comments!! My creative weekend is painting some fabric as a sample for some chair cushions.

      Delete