HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

HAND PAINTING ARTWORK ON FOUR GROIN CEILINGS FOR PATTI'S NEW HOME & TUTORIAL

HAND PAINTING ARTWORK ON FOUR GROIN CEILINGS FOR  PATTI'S NEW HOME & TUTORIAL

     When Patti was building her BEAUTIFUL! new home, I spent more than 3 months working there.  But, for about a year before that she was bringing me all sorts of things to paint for her new home.  She brought me tiles, furniture to be installed in baths, light fixtures, lots of different things, even her weathervane to go on top of her home. 
     This is the entry hall to Patti's very beautiful home.  There are four groin ceilings in a row surrounded by these amazing stone walls.  When she was building her new home she asked me to paint artwork on these four ceilings.  Using the same colors I painted a different pattern on each one. 
Aren't these light fixtures SPECTACULAR!!
The base coat on the ceilings was a light beigy brown.
The first thing I did was draw all of the scrollies and the center flower at the base of each light fixture.  Next, I used a small brush and painted everything.  Then, I used a tiny brush and a very dark blackie brown paint and outlined all of the artwork.  When I was finished with alllllll of the artwork I brushed on and wiped off with a rag a very light brown aging glaze.  The glaze was a really nice finishing touch.  It tied everything together and looked so good with her darkly stained pine wood floors and stone walls.
                 It was lots of hard work, but I'm very proud of how everything looks, now.
                 Patti has such great taste and it really shows in this wonderful home.
                                                              THANK YOU, PATTI!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that ceiling is fabulous. Featuring this at tomorrow's party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, The ceiling is gorgeous!! I would love to see more of this home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do post my work in Patti's home. Under Interiors, the entry room with the tall and wide green and brown stripes is her's. Everything she asked me to do is rather colorful or whimsical, but is very, very well coordinated. I'll be posting lots more in the future and I'll always say it's Patti's. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! It is nice to meet an artist. Thank you for sharing! The ceilings are so spectacular, and I bet you got a crick in your neck along the way!
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! No crick in my neck...I guess my neck is used to that position. (thank goodness!)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful gift and talent you have. Fabulous, beautiful. wow!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness this is a brilliant piece of art on that ceiling, looks fantastic with the brick.. Wow all your work is stunning, a big thanks for sharing all this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just stunning! Really really beautiful. You are quite gifted. Thank you for sharing this. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! It was a lot of work, but turned out, well. and, I LOVE the ceilings, too!

    ReplyDelete