HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, December 9, 2012

HAND PAINTING ARTWORK IVY & LIRIOPE AROUND METAL URN PLAQUES (TROMPE L'OEIL)

HAND PAINTING ARTWORK IVY & LIRIOPE AROUND METAL URN PLAQUES (TROMPE L'OEIL)

Visiting one of my very favorite stores, I found some flat metal wall plaques that were shaped like urns.  I loved them and knew I wanted to hang them on my fence and paint flowers coming out of them.  Sorry, no photos of my fence, right now.  So, when a client called me and wanted me to paint something in her entry way up high over the very wide opening to her dining room, I immediately thought of those urns.  She already had the canvas painting and I could just picture urns with greenery coming out of them on either side of the painting.  
And, because it was so high I knew it needed something large like these urn plaques.
I suggested she go to that store to see if they still had these urns.  And, I told her I could paint plants coming out of the urns.  She liked the idea.  She did find the urns and when I went back to paint, they were already placed exactly where she wanted them.
Standing on my extension ladder, I painted liriope and ivy coming out of the urns and a little bit of ivy behind the canvas painting.
She was very, very happy with the way it changed the look of the entry into her home.  
I loved it, too!! 
 Of course, it was my idea, but I just knew it would look great!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. I love the idea of the dimensional urns with the vines coming out. I would love to see your fence when it's done. I hope you link these to some of the link parties. It's a great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Maggie! I'll certainly link this project. I'm still trying to figure out everything with the link parties and I really appreciate your help.

      Delete