Thursday, November 8, 2012

PAINTING COLUMNS & MANTEL FROM WHITE TO LOOK LIKE WOOD, OLD & DISTRESSED

PAINTING COLUMNS & MANTEL FROM WHITE TO LOOK LIKE WOOD, OLD & DISTRESSED

For three or four years in a row Monica would call me to work in her home in September.  
I textured and painted walls, columns, mantel, a door, stripes in a powder room and a bathroom and lots of other things.  She already had a beautiful home, but with all of the special finishes it was even more beautiful!
This is an "old broken plaster" finish I textured and painted on this curved wall going into her dining room.  I painted the same special finish on the arched wall in the background, behind her dining room table.  And, I painted the columns to look like wood, old and distressed.
There are columns on either side of the entry into her dining room.  They were painted white before I painted them to look like stained wood and old.
I love painting this old finish.
And, here is the mantel that is in her living room.  It was painted white before I painted this special finish.  The columns and the mantel are the same color and finish.
This is a close up of the finish on the mantel.
I loved working with Monica and Kade.  The best and sweetest people in the world!!
Oh, and I loved their kitty cat named Macy!

5 comments:

  1. That really does look like wood. I don't know how you do it. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really did a great job Lynda! You would never know it wasn't wood. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty finish Lynda! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete