HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

PAINTING & DISTRESSING PATTI'S MASTER BATH CABINETS IN HER NEW HOME

PAINTING & DISTRESSING PATTI'S MASTER BATH CABINETS IN HER NEW HOME

Patti is moving to a new home.  She's doing a lot of redecorating and renovations.  Last house she loved Tuscan, colorful and dark.  But, that was several years ago.
This time she wants lots of whites, grays and beiges.
She asked me to paint her master bath cabinets white/distressed. 
The original finish on the cabinets was really nice, but she wanted white.
So, I primed, painted and distressed these cabinets for her.
She added mercury glass or mirror knobs and they look so pretty.
In her master bedroom, she's using a lot of mercury glass with off white furniture and taupe walls.
Patti asked me to lightly distress.  I sanded/distressed here and there, then, painted over a lot because she wanted "lightly".  Sometimes, I do a lot of distressing on purpose and then stand back to see where to paint over certain areas to make it look authentic.
These are cabinets in the water closet.
I love the simple rope decoration around the mirrors.  Simple and elegant. 
She's moving from a really beautiful home to this really beautiful home.
So glad I got to be a part of the last one and love working with her on her new home.
Thank you, Patti!
~
Here is a link to Patti's master bedroom furniture that I painted (in her old house) for this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment