HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, June 2, 2018

PAINTING LORI'S BATH CABINETS & MIRROR FRAMES TO A METALLIC "ANTIQUE SILVER" FAUX FINISH

PAINTING LORI'S BATH CABINETS & MIRROR FRAMES TO A METALLIC "ANTIQUE SILVER" FAUX FINISH

Lori was  making major decor changes to her master bedroom and bath.
In her bathroom her cabinets were stained brown and she wanted metallic silver.
I showed her a sample I painted of "antique silver" and she loved it.
The color I used to age/glaze the sample blended really well with her tile and floor.
Sample I showed her.  She did not want the crackling.  Only wanted glazing.
You can see the metallic paint in this picture.
Remember, metallics "reflect" so you have to have a light source.
I embossed a design on the mirror frames using a stencil and paste.
I "dry brush" painted the design black with a tiny brush.
 Brushed black around the inside and outside edges of the frame.
It really dressed up the mirror frames.
Linen cabinet.
There is a light directly in front of this cabinet, so you can really see the metallic silver paint.
This is my client, beautiful, sweet Lori.  I loved working with her.
She lives way out in the country.  I, especially, loved the drive to her home.  In her neighborhood I kept my car windows open and there were happy birds singing everywhere.
This is wonderful, funny Dolly.  She really loves un-rolling the toilet paper.
Dolly loves to sit in that window.  She jumps from the niche to that narrow ledge.
Wow!  That can't be easy!
This is "good boy" Charlie.  He loves and protects his mom.
Lori wanted me to paint her niche over the bathtub with the same metallic silver.
She found a stencil and wanted me to stencil with black inside the niche.  
The black really looked good with her granite and door handles.
Her door handles were silver.  I lightly sanded and painted black on either end.  Rubbed on and off black paint in the middle.  That helped to highlight the silver.
The black and silver handles looked really good as a finishing touch.
This is a niche right outside of the bathroom.  Lori is going to hang a chandelier in this one.
The chandelier will really make the metallic silver sparkle.
Thank you, Lori!

2 comments:

  1. Your work in my bedroom and bathroom really pulled everything together perfectly, Lynda! I still just look at it and marvel at how beautiful everything is, and that's thanks to you! You are truly gifted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lori! Loved working with you in your beautiful home.

      Delete