HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, June 4, 2018

MORE PAINTING FOR LORI'S MASTER BATH ~ PAINTING A PICTURE FRAME, A MIRROR FRAME & AN ANTIQUE BLANKET CHEST TO MATCH HER NEW DECOR

MORE PAINTING FOR LORI'S MASTER BATH ~ PAINTING A PICTURE FRAME, A MIRROR FRAME & AN ANTIQUE BLANKET CHEST TO MATCH HER NEW DECOR

My last post was sharing pictures of Lori's bath cabinets.
(If you want to see the cabinets, I shared a link below.)
I painted an "antique silver" faux finish on all of the cabinets in her master bath.  Because she was changing her cabinets from brown stained to the "antique silver" faux finish she asked if I could paint the frame around one of her paintings so it would match her new colors.
Also, she asked me to paint the frame around her mirror that goes in the master bath.
This painting goes in a niche just outside of her master bath.  I painted the frame black and swiped metallic silver over the trim.  It goes in a niche that I faux painted with metallic silver.
You can almost see the metallic reflection in this picture.
Remember, you need a light source for the metallics to reflect. 
This mirror goes in her master bath.
I painted and glazed the frame and painted a metallic pewter on the shell and scroll trim.
I painted this antique blanket chest that belonged to Lori's grandmother.  It goes near the newly painted master bath and is the same paint and technique that I painted on the mirror frame.  Those hinges are original.  They were a copper color.
I rubbed them with the metallic pewter to match the embossed design.
This bowl goes in the middle of Lori's breakfast table.  I painted it black and rubbed metallic champagne paint over it.  Nearby, there is a niche that I painted with the same metallic paint.
This is the picture frame before I painted it black and silver.
This is the mirror frame before I painted it dark and glazed.
On the blanket chest I embossed this design with a stencil that Lori chose.
Then painted the design with the metallic pewter.
Ready to go home!
~
LINK TO LORI'S NEWLY PAINTED BATH CABINETS:
PAINTING LORI'S BATH CABINETS TO AN "ANTIQUE SILVER" FAUX FINISH

2 comments: