HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, March 10, 2016

DRAWING & PAINTING A HARLEQUIN PATTERN ON SITTING ROOM WALLS FOR MARY

DRAWING & PAINTING A HARLEQUIN PATTERN ON SITTING ROOM WALLS FOR MARY

Mary moved into a new home.
Her walls were a creamy beige.
 She wanted to dress up those walls a bit and asked my opinion.
 She had this wonderful sitting room with lots of beautiful stained furniture.  
I pictured and suggested a black and beige harlequin pattern under the chair rail. 
 She loved the idea.
First, I drew and painted the harlequin pattern.  On each diamond, I painted the black and rubbed some off with a rag.  Makes it more interesting, don't you think? 
 I used a sponge that I drew and cut into a fleur de lis design.  
I painted that little fleur de lis at every point of  each diamond.  
My points are never perfect and the fleur de lis hid that perfectly.
Last, with a rag I rubbed on and wiped off an antiquing glaze over everything.
Here is a link to my tutorial on:
When I'm working in a home, I usually get just one chance to take pictures when I'm fiished. 
 These are really too light or overexposed. 
 The left side of this picture looks more like the final result.
Another close up of the diamond pattern.
I love the way the colors turned out with her other decor.
Mary was very happy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment