HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, February 8, 2016

KITCHEN REMODEL ~ PAINTING JUDI'S KITCHEN CABINETS FROM PICKLED/WHITE WASHED TO A GLAZED PAINT FINISH

KITCHEN REMODEL ~ PAINTING JUDI'S KITCHEN CABINETS FROM PICKLED/WHITE WASHED TO A GLAZED PAINT FINISH

Last November I told you I would share pictures of a kitchen I was working on just before Thanksgiving.
I've been really busy with work and I'm way behind on sharing with you.  
I love the transformation of this kitchen.  
Judi had the pickled/white washed finish on her cabinets.  Everything was the same height in her kitchen.  She wanted a tall vent-a-hood over her stove and a tall cabinet to the right of her dishwasher.  In these pictures you can see the microwave oven over her stove.  Notice the fluorescent light fixtures.  Those were removed and recessed lighting was added.  
She will be replacing the light fixture over the dining table.  
So, here is her beautiful new kitchen.  Isn't it wonderful!!  What a difference.
Her new vent-a-hood. 
 A carpenter removed those cabinets over the stove and built this tall one.  
Also, she had gray tile installed for her backsplash.
Here is her new tall cabinet and a new space for the microwave oven.
She had the carpenter change this island, too.  I can't remember, but I think they added those pedestals and the beadboard.  I think it was black, before.
Also, these pictures of her kitchen still had the white undercoat for the glaze.  Not glazed, yet.
Judi wanted her cabinets to be white with a very light gray brown glaze.  This is a close up of the finish that I painted in her wet bar and living room.  She was going to put a decorative glass on the cabinet door.  I'm sure that's been done since I left.
Here are the handles she used and they are so nice with the light cabinet color.  
The picture on the right with turquoise is the new top for her island.
Here are her wonderful doggies.  They were sooo sweet.  Their names are Willie and Shadow.  Willie is a retired narcotics dog.  I told Judi, "well, he won't detect anything on me".  He's older and she said he might not remember, but I bet he does.  
As I said, I love the transformation of this kitchen  
 Isn't it amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment