HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

PAINTING WHITE & DISTRESSING ASHLEY'S BEDROOM DRESSER

PAINTING WHITE & DISTRESSING ASHLEY'S BEDROOM DRESSER


Ashley and Austin are redecorating their master bedroom and asked me to paint and distress this chest for them. 
 It was brown and gold, before.


After I painted the white, I rubbed and distressed the edges.
They're adding beiges, white and silver to their new decor. 
I love that color combination.  It's soft and soothing.


They wanted some metallic silver on the top edge of the dresser.  So, I swiped it on with my finger and a rag to make it look a bit distressed and uneven.
These silver knobs were on their chest before it was painted white and Austin was testing to see how they would look.  Those knobs looked so good on the brown and gold furniture.
But, Patti is helping them with the decorating and I think she is going to add some glass or crystal knobs.
Ashley said she would send a picture and I'll share it with you.
Patti is such a good decorator that I know she'll make it funky and wonderful!


Here's that sweet family!
As I was leaving, they were telling me bye.
You can't tell in this picture, but beautiful little Caroline has very red hair and a beautiful complexion to go with it.  She favors her grandmother.
And, wonderful little Baylor.  He has such a cute feisty personality.
They named him that because Ashley and Austin went to Baylor.


This is how the chest looked "before".
Patti painted this a long time ago and it was really cool looking.
But, time for a change.
If you're tired of your old furniture, don't throw it away.  
Paint it, change the knobs and handles and it will be wonderful again!

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    J'aime beaucoup le rendu final de ce meuble... J'aurais peut-être placé des poignées différentes. Peut-être en verre... C'est purement personnel !
    Une photo d'une maman heureuse avec sa petite...
    Joli billet.

    Gros bisous ♡ ☼ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martine. You're right. They are going to put glass or crystal knobs on the chest. Those silver knobs were on the chest before I painted it. Her husband just wanted to see what they would look like on the white. And yes, Ashley is a sweet mommy.

      Delete