HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, December 15, 2014

PAINTING METALLIC GOLD ON 27 PICTURE FRAMES & PAINTING ANOTHER PIECE OF FURNITURE TO A BLACK DISTRESSED FINISH

PAINTING METALLIC GOLD ON 27 PICTURE FRAMES & PAINTING ANOTHER PIECE OF FURNITURE A BLACK DISTRESSED FINISH 

Look at allll of these picture frames!
My client is going to put family pictures in them and I think she is going to hang them on one wall in the bedroom with the CHOCOLATE BROWN CHEST OF DRAWERS that I painted.  Or, maybe in the hallway, I forgot what she told me.
We were meeting for another project and she asked if I could paint these for her, too.
  She and her decorator wanted me to dress them up a bit with metallic paint.
All 27 of them!
Thank goodness I already had some metallic paint with me! 
 I didn't want to work on her white/off white carpeting, so I piled them on the bathroom floor and just sat there on her floor and painted them.
All I did was swipe the edges with a brush, a rag and metallic gold paint.
It really dressed up those frames. 
As you can see, this is an old frame and I think she's going to put baby pictures in it.
She and the decorator chose this turquoise color.  I did bring this one home to paint.  I just sanded those edges lightly and then painted the turquoise on the edges and wiped with a rag to distress them a little bit.  Then, I put some sealer on the turquoise edges only.
Another black piece of furniture!
My client wanted me to paint this old dresser, too.  I think it had been her mother's dresser.  They wanted it to be mostly black, so I rubbed/distressed around the top edge, the leg posts and the feet.  It was mostly black.  She wanted to keep the original handles and they looked so good.
When this dresser was delivered, my client just loved the new look.  She especially like the distressing, so asked me to distress the edges of the top three drawers and I had to bring them back home for that.  They were picked up, so I have not gotten to see how the dresser looks, now.
But, I know it looks so nice and it was a good idea to do more distressing.
This is the old finish of the dresser.  There was a chip and a deep scratch, so I filled them in with this Elmer's Wood Filler.  I love this stuff.  It dries quickly and it's soft when it dries, so it's easy to sand.
See that wide edge around that top drawer?  All three top drawers had that edge and that's what I re-painted.  I couldn't just sand those edges, I had to start over with the paint layering process.  That's why I brought them home.
When I was there painting the frames, I got to see it (before I repainted the drawers)
and it looked really beautiful and smart in her room.  Her decor was mostly beiges, off white and brown.

12 comments:

  1. the picture frames are beautiful! too bad you didn't have a table to work on because i know my back would have been sore.

    i am also loving painted black furniture and did a table recently and loved it so much, i am going to do more ! :)

    happy holidays!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy! They're hanging those frames today and I'm hoping they look good once they're hung. I'm used to sitting on the floor, especially doing baseboards and bottoms of cabinets. I'm sure you love your black table. Black is such a good accent color.

      Delete
  2. Very nice job on the picture frames, they are beautiful. A the job you did on the lovely dresser is a beautiful color. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Black is a really good accent color in almost any decor.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of picture frames to paint! I'll bet you were sore after sitting on the bathroom floor so long. I like the turquoise one too and that dresser turned out beautiful! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a merry Christmas season!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah. I'm used to sitting on the floor to work and don't mind, at all. Thank you for the dresser compliment. The decorator chose the color.

      Delete
  4. This looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lot of frames to paint but, I love that turquoise one the best. The dresser is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of frames to paint, but the paint made such a difference.

      Delete