HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, October 3, 2014

DO YOU LIKE BRUSSEL SPROUTS, TOO?

I LOVE BRUSSEL SPROUTS!

Do you like brussel sprouts, too?
I love brussel sprouts!!


The first thing I do is soak them in water and pull off the loose leaves.  I save the clean leaves that I pull off and will cook them later.  The reason I pull off the loose leaves is to make sure there's no dirt on them.  Another reason is, once at a cafeteria I was eating broccoli and there was a very large bug in it.  Then, one time I was cleaning broccoli to cook and found a very large bug and it was still alive. 
I figured they came in from the farm. 
Soooo, any leaves that are loose or any other hiding places, I wash and check very carefully


To cook the brussel sprouts, I cut the ends off and cut each one in half.  I add chopped onions and grated carrots and my favorite spice.  Then, I pour olive oil all over everything and mix it up really well, making sure everything is covered with the olive oil.  I lay the brussel sprouts cut side down.
Last, I grate a little bit of cheese over all.
I cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour, til they're soft.  
I eat a lot while it's still hot.  Then, after it's cool, I put it all in little freezer bags and into the freezer it goes.  Cooking the brussel sprouts this way, it's still really good after it's been frozen.  I can have brussel sprouts often and my very favorite thing is to eat this with my breakfast.
You could add other vegetables, if you want, but this is my favorite way to cook brussel sprouts. And, I think it's a very nutritious way to cook them, too.
I guess you can tell that I really, really love brussel sprouts!!
Oh, and my little Charlie loves them, too.

14 comments:

  1. The recipe looks absolutely delicious and I must try it. However, what you have here in the picture is not artichokes but rather Brussels Sprouts. Either way it looks wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to comment about that too. Luckily, I love Brussels Sprouts and that recipe looks delicious!

      Delete
    2. OMgosh!! Thank you for letting me know!! I said the word enough times, I guess you couldn't help but notice. I've corrected everything and thank you so much. At least, I know someone is reading my post :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, and I do love artichokes, too. They're much easier to cook and taste so good with lemon and butter.

      Delete
  2. I ♥ Brussels sprouts. Last week I sliced them quite thin, sauteed with minced garlic for a few minutes, added a little heavy cream, put the mixture in ramekins, added a layer of Parmesan, a little bit of bread crumbs and a tiny bit of butter, then baked them at 400° until they bubbled. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that soundss delicious. Especially the minced garlic. I will try your recipe, too.

      Delete
  3. I love brussel sprouts but only when they are properly made or they become too bitter for my taste. Will definitely be trying this recipe out! Thanks for sharing...found you on The Style Sisters link up! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, they're so good for you. I'm going to add minced garlic next time, like Marigene (above).

      Delete
  4. Lynda, I really need to try brussel sprouts again. I didn't love them growing up, but I haven't tried them again. I love all veggies so I need to give them another try. This sounds very yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good for you. Recently, Dr. Oz or someone said they're beneficial for breast health.

      Delete
  5. Just cooked some Brussel Sprouts this week. I'll eat them just about any way. They are fun to grow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never grown them, but have seen the plant. They're interesting!

      Delete
  6. I love them!!! Thanks for linking. Hope you come back tomorrow for the party!
    Xo
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love brussel sprouts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete