HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, April 1, 2013

UPDATE: FINALLY RETRIEVED "BEFORE" PHOTOS FROM MY OLD, BROKEN, GONE KAPUT COMPUTER

Finally! I got these last few photos from my old, broken computer.  And, I'm really liking my new computer.


This is the wonderful old cabinet that my client found and it needed, so she added two new doors.  She had a carpenter make them for her and she brought this piece to me so I could match the doors to the existing finish on the cabinet.  I layered the paint, distressed and stained it, working to get as close as I could to the existing finish.  You might be thinking that I got the wrong color, but that's how you layer colors and stains to make a piece look old.  This is a link to that post:

And, this is a BEFORE photo of the fancy wrought iron table:


and, the white doors that I painted and stained to match my client's bathroom cabinets.



So glad I finally retireved them from that old computer.  I logged on and worked my way around and emailed these photos to myself.  Later, I went back to the old computer and tried to log on again, and it was REALLY broken, gone kaput, this time.  Thank goodness, it allowed me to get my photos!!
Link to this post:

4 comments:

  1. That can be so stressful. I have squeezed the last bit of life out of a few computers myself and it is such a relief when you reach success at last. Glad you were able to retrieve the photos. They are your life's work and it's good to have them in your portfolio. I do remember that cabinet and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so glad I was able to finally get my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you got them too it would have been a shame if you had lost them, YIPPEE a new comp,have fun on there and have a fabulous day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! and, I do love this new computer. Can't believe the difference!

    ReplyDelete