HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, September 13, 2012

PAINTING AND DISTRESSING A VANITY TO AN "OLD WORLD" GOLD


Rosalie recovered her vanity chair and asked me to paint her vanity to match.  So, I painted it an "old world" gold and painted tiny flowers on the top to match the flowers in the new fabric on her chair.  This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I've painted.

I painted the stenciled leaves, edge of the desk and other trim with a metallic gold to match the stripe in the chair fabric. 

I used a stencil for these tiny leaves.  I stenciled inside the drawers, too.
The leaves on the outside of the furniture are embossed and painted the same metallic gold.
On the top of the vanity, I painted these flowers to match the colors in the fabric.

Isn't this fabric beautiful!!  Luscious!!
Also, I painted the little wooden knobs to match the painted flowers.
See why I love this desk!!
Isn't this fabric beautiful!!  Luscious!!
Also, I painted the little wooden knobs to match the painted flowers.
See why I love this desk!!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Lynda. I love the vine you painted to match the fabric.

    ReplyDelete