HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Monday, March 11, 2024

PAINTING A WROUGHT IRON BED TO A DISTRESSED RED FINISH FOR DEBBIE

PAINTING A WROUGHT IRON BED TO A DISTRESSED RED FINISH FOR DEBBIE

Debbie had a beautiful wrought iron bed.  The color was very dark.
 She decided she wanted it painted red, so she called me.
One bedroom wall was papered with this metallic damask patterned paper.
The red looks amazing!!
I needed some way to make the headboard and footboard stand so I could paint both sides at once.  I already had hooks on my ceiling, so a neighbor helped me tie them so they would stand. That made it so easy  to paint.
 Debbie wanted the finish distressed.  Here is a close up of the finish.  Besides the dark color coming through the red paint, I scraped a little harder and let the white undercoat come through in a few places.
Debbie was excited to find this comforter.  She said it was exactly what she was looking for.
BEFORE
~
VISIT MY
STILL WORKING ON IT ~ ADDING MORE & MORE TUTORIALS
VISIT AGAIN, SOON
Original Post 12-3-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment