HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

REPAIRING BROKEN DECORATIVE DISHES FOR ANETA

REPAIRING BROKEN DECORATIVE DISHES FOR ANETA

Aneta moved to a new home and in the move several of her favorite beautiful decorative dishes were broken.  When I was painting her kitchen cabinets, she asked if I could do anything with them.  She wanted to hang the blue platter and the bowl sits in her dining room.
I used E6000 glue and it seemed to work really well.
These pieces were so heavy I had to hold them together for a little while for the glue to work.
I used craft paints and mixed and blended so the cracks would look ok from a distance.
I didn't paint the cracks on the back.
This bowl was really, really heavy, too.  
My touch up paint worked well on this one.  
Isn't this absolutely beautiful!!  I touched up with blue and added metallic gold where the pattern was gold.  From a distance you don't really notice the repair.
I wanted you to see the sparkle and beauty of this bowl.
The value was lost when they were broken, but Aneta will still be able to enjoy them.
~
VISIT MY NEW
LYNDA BERGMAN DIY BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment