HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, June 29, 2023

DESIGN & BUILD YOUR OWN FIREPLACE MANTEL ~ EMBELLISH YOUR EXISTING MANTEL

DESIGN & BUILD YOUR OWN FIREPLACE MANTEL ~ EMBELLISH YOUR EXISTING MANTEL

Recently I came across this picture of mantel assembly pieces.
I'm sharing it with you to show how easy it would be to build your own mantel.  
Or, add columns and decorative pieces to your existing mantel. 
If you think you can't do it, a carpenter will know what to do.
You design and pick out the pieces and ask the carpenter to help you. 
Image result for mantels
Sometimes I will see a carpenter working on an existing mantel. 
 At first it does not look so good with all of the unfinished pieces being added.
But, once everything gets painted or stained the same color it looks great.
Google fireplace mantels to get ideas for your own creation. 
 I saw several that were $3,000 , $4,000. and even more expensive to purchase. 
Pinterest is another place to find good ideas.
 You can find trim pieces at home improvement stores and online. 
 Try to picture them after everything has been painted.
This is a mantel I painted.  It does not have a lot of trim pieces, but beautiful.
Another one I painted.  I love all of the round and curved trim pieces.
They are mostly individual pieces nailed, glued or screwed together.
Another huge mantel that I painted.  It was so tall I had to reach up to work on it.
These mantels were all assembled with lots of parts and pieces like the first picture above.
You can do it, too!
VISIT MY
LYNDA BERGMAN DIY BLOG
STILL WORKING ON IT ~ ADDING MORE & MORE TUTORIALS
VISIT AGAIN, SOON
(Original Post 8/6/2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment