HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, March 12, 2017

PAINTING A DISTRESSED & GRAY GLAZED TECHNIQUE ON NEW KITCHEN CABINETS

PAINTING A DISTRESSED & GRAY GLAZED  TECHNIQUE ON NEW KITCHEN CABINETS

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned I was working on kitchen cabinets.
I showed you the tile floor that looks like wood flooring.
Well, here it is!
And, all of this flooring that looks like wood is tile.  Amazing!
I mentioned this kitchen was remodeled and built for wheelchair access.  The carpenter that was working on this remodel built these cabinets especially for the client.  He did a great job.
This is my favorite cabinet that I painted.  Not sure why. 
 I love the white tile backsplash and the silver handles.
The decorator wanted me to paint a distressed and glazed finish.
  I painted a white/grayish first coat and glazed with a light gray that the decorator picked out.  
The silver handles look so good with these colors.
Above, the granite guys will cut out the opening for a stove.  
The appliances, vent-a-hood and sink are stainless steel. 
 By the sink they brought the faucet forward to the edge of the counter for easy access.
Those two little knobs are a pull out table, also for easy access.  
It's a chopping block table and is on wheels so it's easy to pull out.
All the walls are a soft blue gray with white ceilings and trim.
These painted gray beams really brought all of the colors together nicely.
It's a big open space.
The decorator asked me to paint this barn door with the same finish as the kitchen.  It will be on a black rail and looks really nice across the room from the kitchen.
BEFORE
To the left, they took the china cabinet top off to install the granite.

No comments:

Post a Comment