HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, September 12, 2015

SPRUCING UP LUZ'S FRONT PORCH WITH MATCHING PAINT COLORS

SPRUCING UP LUZ'S FRONT PORCH WITH MATCHING PAINT COLORS

Luz asked me for suggestions on improving her front porch.
Her beautiful red front doors were the first thing I noticed. 
 She was wondering about painting blue somewhere and I told her how beautiful that shade of red was with her house colors and I thought she should keep it.
What I did notice was that WHITE wood trim above her doors and suggested she let me paint it red.
I was going to paint that tiny white sunburst trim, too, but when I got up there on my ladder I realized it was in between the window glass.  Then, when I stood back and looked at everything, I noticed that her two front windows had white sunbursts, too.  So, everything matches, now.
To me that looks so much better.  It looks really nice walking up to her front doors. 
 It makes it look "grand".
The other thing I noticed and the first thing I suggested to her was to paint her rain gutters the brick color to make them disappear.  They were painted the dark gray of her wood trim.  So many times I notice that gutters are painted like the trim on a house instead of matching and blending in with the house color.  To me, when they're a different color than the house, it looks like they're "featuring" their gutters and that's all I see.  Once Luz painted her gutters, they disappeared and my eyes went straight to her beautiful red doors. 
She asked me to paint a scrollie design on each door.  She decided she wanted less metallic gold and more of the darker color and I forgot to take a picture of the re-do.
These are the wreaths she had on each door.  Aren't the colors scrumptuous!!  
They look absolutely beautiful on those red doors.
This is Luz's beautiful home.  I really like the shade of browny gray she painted her shutters and trim.
Notice how the gutters match the house.  Before, they were the shutter color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment