HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

MY NEW VISE-GRIPS ~ MY NEWEST FAVORITE TOOL

MY NEW VISE-GRIPS ~ MY NEWEST FAVORITE TOOL

I was mowing my yard and the muffler on my lawn mower started smoking.  It was really rusty.  I tried to remove the muffler so I could take it to Lowe's by my house and get the exact same one.
I tried and tried to take that rusty muffler off and it wouldn't budge.
At Lowe's I found the replacement muffler and asked the guys how I could remove the old rusty one. 
They said I needed vise-grips.  
Some of them had a smaller width opening and this one is really large so it could fit my muffler.  It can also be adjusted to fit something smaller.  They were under 20.00.
I came home and used those vise-grips and could not believe how easy it was.  You punch that round silver button to adjust the size and then just turn whatever you're trying to loosen.  
I think this will be one of my favorite tools.  I bet I can even open jars with them.
Maybe you already knew about vise grips.  
But, I wanted to share this great find with you, just in case.

2 comments:

  1. I am just learning about different tools. Sure makes the job much easier. Love this tip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. Many of my tools are old and when I finally break down and get something new, it's amazing how much easier the new ones work.

      Delete