HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, August 24, 2014

HUGE KITCHEN ISLAND & FRENCH "LA PATISSERIE" DISTRESSED PANTRY DOOR THAT I PAINTED

FRENCH "LA PATISSERIE" DISTRESSED PANTRY DOOR THAT I PAINTED

Ok, here is the island in that huge kitchen in the huge home I've been showing you.
I asked permission to take a picture of this kitchen island, but I did not paint it.  My client got all of her kitchen cabinets, island included, from a factory.


The walls and cabinets of this kitchen are so high that she has a library ladder to get to the top cabinets.
How cool is that!!


This is a close up picture of the finish on the island.
Most of us could do this finish, couldn't we??
And, I always worry about my work chipping, but this factory built island had some chips on it and I'm guessing most of the chips were from delivery and installation.
My client asked if I would touch up the chips.  I knew what to do and was very glad to do it for her.


This is a very tall pantry door they asked me to paint when the house was being built.  They brought it to my studio.  It was a white door and she wanted me to paint it very distressed and to look like she had found it in an old pastry or cake shop.  I designed and painted on the glass.  After her approval, of course.  The red you see is the color of her pantry walls.




I took these pictures in a hallway and it was difficult to get the whole door in one picture.

HERE ARE THE LINKS TO THE POSTS WHEN I WAS PAINTING THIS DOOR AND THE GLASS.  I WAS POSTING MY WORK AS I PAINTED EACH PART OF THE DOOR

SEE THE PROGRESS:




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful island. Oh how I would love an island in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole house is really beautifully decorated. I hope you get to have a kitchen island. It can any size and look good.

      Delete