HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, July 30, 2021

PAINTING TROMPE L'OEIL CRACKS ON A WALL & TUTORIAL

     Today, I finished a job at Tina's house and got to take some photos of past projects that I did at her house.  She does like old and old world decorating.  A while back she asked me to paint trompe l'oeil cracks on her patio walls.



It's a little too cold right now, so you don't see all of her beautiful flowers and greenery on her patio.  But, a few months ago when I painted these cracks it looked really, really nice to see the plants in the background.


TUTORIAL

It's not hard to paint cracks and crevices.  I used a dark raw umber and a little bit of black and a very small brush.  It's best to start with a small brush because you can always smudge a little wider and a little more narrow.  You start where you think cracks would be naturally.  I didn't use a pencil, but it might help if you use a pencil first so you could see where you're going with your brush.  At the end I gently smudged around close to the cracks so they would look a little bit dirty and smudgy.  After a while with the natural elements they will start looking even more natural.  And, they might look a little better and more authentic from a distance.
Have fun!
(Original Post 3/3/13)

2 comments:

  1. OOOWWW my this is gorgeous I love that look just gorgeous. I'm leaving you a link to look at, the description is

    a little slice of Heaven on earth.
    Surrounded by majestic ranches,
    the former homestead of
    renowned clothing designer Robin "Magnolia Pearl" Brown and John Gray
    is being offered for sale,
    and utopian paradise hardly begins
    to describe the treasures
    to be found on this
    exceptional property. and here is the link
    I know you will love this:):)..
    http://fionaandtwig.blogspot.ca/ Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I have seen this WONDERFUL home and property on F&T blog and it's in Bandera, about an hour from here. I would LOVE to live there!!

    ReplyDelete