HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, August 24, 2012

PAINTING AN OLD DESK/VANITY TO A DISTRESSED AND AGED FAUX FINISH

      I really love painting furniture!!  And, this is one of my most favorite pieces that I've painted.
     My client gave me two really unusual old four poster bed frames and this old desk/vanity, and asked me to paint them all to match, for her little girl's bedroom.  I think most of this furniture had been in the family for many years.  She, also, asked me to paint a chest of drawers and little table and chairs pink and artwork, to go in the same bedroom with this desk/vanity.  I'll share those photos with you, soon. 
     This desk or dresser was stained a dark brown.  I painted, distressed and aged it with an antiquing glaze that I mixed.

It was a flat top, if you wanted to use it as a desk.  But, if you opened the middle section, there was a mirror to be used as a vanity.  And, a special place to keep your beauty products.  (Please excuse my staining rag, reflecting in the mirror!)

I love how this turned out!
My client was expecting another little girl, to be born shortly after I painted this furniture.  Soon, I will share the little table and chairs that I painted for the two little sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment